Sunday, October 18, 2009

MP Flyer

My band is playing our first show in over a year and a half, and to "celebrate," I made a flyer, which I haven't done in quite awhile. The show is going to be very low key, in fact, I don't know if I should have even made a flyer because I'm expecting everything to go wrong technically. Anyways, the show is on Halloween, and I scrapped all original ideas of doing a Halloween themed flyer because I figured I'd use this more for a portfolio piece than as an actual promotional piece. Also, I plan on getting to work on some silkscreens soon, just need to get back in the groove.

Anyways, my first flyer in forever, here ya go...
n

I'll be working on Woodcuts over the next few weeks which I plan to push a few aesthetic concepts as well as many regurgitated ones from my Drawing course last year. Should be interesting, they will be very playful, and less focused on concrete imagery and narratives and more on pattern play/overlap, color and layout. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: